Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wednesday, 10 November 2010- three medical appointments

Yes, this is the day which actually got the ball rolling, so to speak.  After multiple cancellations and delays due to work related issues for Geoff, I FINALLY was able to not only make but KEEP these appointments.

First up- Dietician in the morning- I met Heather for the first time.  She gave me a diet booklet designed for patients who will be undergoing either the sleeve or the bypass procedures.  She explained everything in detail, and started me on my way- the early pre op diet seemd to be a cinch, but NOOOOO.  Giving up soda and NOT DRINKING with my meals has been and continues to be my greatest obstacle.  WEIGHT- 347.6 pounds  Scheduled my next appointment and my group session that day also

Second- Dr Khaitan, the surgeon.  Due to an unforeseen circumstnace (as in no one called me) Dr. K was in surgery and my appointment should have been rescheduled.  I was not happy about that, as it was difficult enough for Geoff to make these appointments.  Saw Susan, her surgical nurse instead.  Follow up appointment with Dr K scheduled for 5 January 2011 at which time I would be given a pending date for surgery, depending upon insurance approval


Third up- Dr. Kingsburg,the psychologist.  To her surprise, I insisted on Geoff being in the room for this session.  Isues raised (ie- how other men would see me once the weight is off) were raised- definitely something I did not consider.  PTSD may return with a vengeance as I adjust to my new circumstances- another unwelcome idea to mull over in my mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment